Ilchester Place has once again topped Lloyds Bank’s rundown of the UK’s most expensive streets.
A £30m sale on the leafy Holland Park reported by PrimeResi back in the Spring, helped push the average price from £15.6m to £17.1m in the past year, according to the annual survey.
The nine-bed double-fronted mansion was the sole transaction recorded on the road during the 12-month period, following two smaller affairs at £12.85m and £12.25m in 2018, and takes the total number of registered deals to eight over the last five years.
The Lloyds research puts Princes Gate in Knightsbridge in second place, lifted by one of the other deals of 2019. A super-prime slice of the 1840s Italianate terrace overlooking Hyde Park went through at £32.5m in September, as reported here.
Phillimore Gardens (£16m), Tregunter Road (£16m) and Chesham Place (£15m) completed the top five addresses in this year’s league table, which differs from Zoopla’s annual effort in using actual sales rather than estimated values.
London accounts for the entire top ten, with Oxford’s Charlbury Road (£5.2m, 11th) and Weybridge’s Camp End Road (£5.2m, 12th) the highest-placed addresses outside of the capital.
Please note the rubric requires a certain number of transactions for inclusion, hence the notable absence of Kensington Palace Gardens, which Zoopla calculates to have an average price of nearly £36.5m.
RANKED: THE UK’S MOST EXPENSIVE STREETS 2019 (Lloyds Bank)
1. Ilchester Place, Kensington And Chelsea, London, £17m
2. Princes Gate, Westminster, £17m
3. Phillimore Gardens, Kensington And Chelsea, London, £16m
4. Tregunter Road, Kensington And Chelsea, London, £16m
5. Chesham Place, Kensington And Chelsea, London, £15m
6. Eaton Square, Westminster, £13.9m
7. Kensington Road, Kensington And Chelsea, London, £12.9m
8. Knightsbridge, Westminster, London, £12.8m
9. Carlyle Square, Kensington And Chelsea, London, £11.9m
10. Camden Street, Camden, London, £11.3m
11. Charlbury Road, Oxford, £5.2m
12. Camp End Road, Weybridge, South East, £5.2m
13. East Road, Weybridge, £4.8m
14. Eaton Park, Cobham, South East, £4.4m
15. Stokesheath Road, Leatherhead, South East, £4.3m
16. Birdshill Road, Leatherhead, South East, £4.2m
17. Queens Drive, Leatherhead, South East, £4.1m
18. Gorse Hill Road, Virginia Water, South East, £3.8m
19. Eriswell Road, Walton-On-Thames, South East, £3.6m
20. Heath Rise, Virginia Water, South East, £3.6m