Lonres Turns 20: To mark the anniversary we have delved into our archives to see how the market has changed in the last two decades. Showcasing property that we sold when Lonres first launched in 2000 compared to more recent times.
1. Brammerton Street, SW3: “A period house of approximately 2,500 sqft with a good sized garden, on the eastern side of Bramerton Street arranged over four floors only. The house requires updating and is being sold with vacant possession.” We sold the house in April 2000 for £2,000,000 it then sold again in 2016 for £8,400,000. That’s an increase of 320% in a 16 year period.
2. 51 Drayton Gardens, SW10: “an exceptional freehold penthouse which sits back from the street behind a large communal garden. The flat has extensive outside space and a stunning double aspect. We sold the apartment in May 2000 for £1,285,000 it then sold again in 2010 for £2,950,000. That is an increase of 129.5% over a 10 year period.
3. 78 Drayton Gardens, SW10: “An exclusive family maisonette in excellent decorative order, featuring a mature 32’ x 27’ south west facing garden. The masionette has generous entertaining and living space across the raised ground floor and lower level of an impressive double fronted Victorian building.” We sold the apartment in August 2000 for £295,000 the apartment sold again in 2019 for £820,000 thats an increase of 174.5% in price over a 19 year period.
4. Queens Gate Gardens, SW7: “A well planned ground and lower ground floor three bedroom masionette. The flat itself is in good condition but would benefit from some minor alterations.” We sold the apartment in September 2000 for £600,000 it then sold again in 2017 for £2,150,000. That is an increase of 258.3% over a 17 year period.
5. Ovington Square, SW3: "An immaculate raised ground floor one bedroom flat in the heart of Knightsbridge. The accommodation is well laid out and would make an ideal pied a terre." We sold the apartment for £350,000 it then sold again in 2017 for £1,320,000 in 2017 that is an increase of 277% in 17 years.